Port Hacking Open Sailing Club is committed to promoting the protection of Junior Members and ensuring that their safety, welfare and wellbeing is maintained at all times during the conduct of Club activities.
To support this policy the Club will:
- Publicise child protection information and requirements.
- Require all Adult Members to:
- Complete a Volunteer/Student Declaration, as advised by the NSW Department of Sport & Recreation for sports club volunteers.
- Support and enforce Club Rules.
- Appoint a Child Protection Officer – for this Club it will be the Commodore.
All Adult Members of PHOSC are deemed volunteers as the Club ethos is one of participation and all Adult Members will occasionally serve in a voluntary capacity eg. trainer, support boat handler, boat launch/recovery assistant, skipper, galley person, named official and other club rostered and non-rostered activities.
All completed Volunteer/Student Declaration forms will be stored at the Club in a safe, secure location in accordance with the NSW Commission for Children and Young People’s directions.
A copy of the Volunteer/Student Declaration form can be downloaded from this website.